House of Immortality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The House Of Immortality

+3
Britt-21
Wolfsoul
Scampi
7 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The House Of Immortality - Page 4 Empty Re: The House Of Immortality

Post  Wolfsoul Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:10 pm

More than friendly. My breath caught in my throat, my heart practically leapt out of my chest... But what could I say? I could see the sadness in James eyes, the resignation that he had already lost his chances and I wanted to say that there was a chance, just to put a smile on his face, but how could there be? "James... I-" I paused, thinking it through, then tapped the golden lily on my cheek. "This isn't just a fancy decoration, it's a promise, a vow to a lifestyle and a belief system. You can't throw something like that away - I couldn't even if I wanted to, which I don't because I wouldn't be able to protect people anymore." I couldn't meet James' eyes anymore. My gaze settled on his chest instead. Inside I was aching, because a crazy and wrong as it was to fall for a Vampire, I felt like I was falling for him every second he was near, bit by bit, but too much was at risk; everything I knew, all my morals, myself. Could I really be foolish and wreckless enough to put the things I valued most at stake for a crush? No, I couldn't, I couldn't let myself do that.
((She'll come around eventually. I know what I'm doing and it'll take a while and some more romantic words and stolen touches, but she'll give in eventually. Don't give up, James!))
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Location : In Arendelle, chilling with Princess Anna and Queen Elsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:41 pm

I just realized we missed Justin's birthday O.O Well damn...

Xavier's next, well, Scampi then Xavier. Hopefully we wont forget his birthday either :S

The House Of Immortality - Page 4 282?cb=20121205154740
Adrian Ivashkov! Omnomnom! X3
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:22 pm

"You can still protect people. A tattoo doesnt have to command you to do so." I took my hand and cupped her chin, gently bringing it up and looking in her eyes "You just cant protect people from strigoi...Only Dhampirs can really do that." I was nervous, afraid..I couldnt even handle this. My ears were still red within this moment. We were so close but yet..that barrier still remained. "You can still keep your beliefs." I couldnt do this. I had to let her go. "But, as of your beliefs, I am nothing but a monster. And a barrier just seperates us both." I wanted to break this barrier. So badly. I just wanted to shatter it "I'm sorry if I put you in a position that can rip you in half." Let her go, James. Let her go.........No..You cant let her go! I leaned down and kissed her lips ever so softly, my hand still lightly cupping her chin. I knew this was wrong. Especially for her. It was so wrong..She might have to burn her lips off because of me.
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:49 pm

FINALLY!!! X3

I wasn't sure what James was doing when he geipped my chin, but this was one of those moments where my stubborness overpowered fear. If James was going to argue his point, then I couldn't flinch away, I couldn't back down. Saying that I couldn't protect people from Strigoi hurt, but I knew James was wrong. Sure, I couldn't stop humans from dying at their hands, but I could prevent humans from selling their souls to the monsters to become one of them! That was something I could do as long as I remained an Alchemist! I was about to argue that point, and also tell James, yet again, that he wasn't entirely a monster...

And then he kissed me, and suddenly all those jumbled up thoughts that swarmed my head disappeared. There was just James, and the feel of his lips against mine. I forgot what I had been arguing about and founding myself kissing back, one hand tangling into the suprisingly soft brown hair at the nape of his neck, bringing me back to how I wanted to run a hand through it to feel it's texture. Who knew how long we had been kissing at that point, and who cared? James had just stolen my first kiss.

A vampire had just stolen my first kiss.

Like that, reality came back to me and I pulled away abruptly, stroling out of James' arms and crossing my own. "No, we can't. It's- It's not just wrong from an Alchemist's perspective, it's wrong to the Moroi world, too." I pointed out to James, touching my lower lip with my fingertips. No, I had to forget how amazing that felt, we couldn't be together, neither of our respective groups would agree with it, and I could very well be brainwashed in re-education because of it. "Don't you get it, James? If both of our races actually seem to agree that human-Moroi relationships are wrong, then it'd be better for the both of us if we didn't cross that line. I'm sorry, but I'm putting my foot down here."

((Don't worry, like I said, she'll come around ^_^))
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 pm

And when I say 'She'll come around' I mean it'll take her 2-3weeks but we could just skip right past those! XD

Anyway, I really need to try and sleep even if I have stomach ache so I'm gonna go now. Goodnight!
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:26 pm

I was shocked when she began losing herself in the kiss I had planted upon her lips. Her hand in my hair felt amazing and very different. Her lips were so soft and smooth. I lost time in how long we had been kissing. But honestly, it was the best thing that happened between us and I didnt want it to stop. It had to end because as soon as I went to wrap my arms around her, she had pulled away, her finger on her lips and put her foot down. She was right about what our races would think but yet..thats how Dhampirs are born really. Even though it was wrong. I felt bad for doing this but..she was right. Right about everything. "A line? More like a barrier.."I stated "A barrier that cant be broken."

xD baii
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ali9910<3 Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:14 pm

Can't sleep and I have my chorus and math final tomorrow. Excuse me while I go to die Sad
Ali9910<3
Ali9910<3

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:04 pm

I know the feels, Ali.

I'll reply later, after I take my exam and cry for about an hour over how it went :S
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:21 am

I could tell that James was starting to pout about my rejection, but I just couldn't handle it right now. I didn't want him to make me feel guilty, especially when my rejection was so justified. "James, maybe you should just go." I suggested, gesturing to the front door with a sigh. "Because you're right, there's a barrier that we can't break - that we shouldn't break - so staying here will accomplish nothing." James left after that. As soon as he was gone, I flopped onto the couch, groaning into the cushion. 10am. I wasn't even dressed yet and I had already broken a guy's heart. I knew I did the right thing, but why did my heart feel so hollow now?
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:27 am

Holt actually wanted me to leave. I felt a little heart broken but I pushed that aside. I nodded slowly "Alright." then, I made my way out with nothing else to say. Walking down the hall and pulling out my pack of ciggarettes, taking out a stick and putting it in my mouth. As soon as I was out of the building, I lit the stick and walked away from the building. It was heart breakning that she dropped me just like that. Was the barrier that thick? So thick that we cant break it? Was it even possible to break such a barrier? Shaking my head, I knew it wasnt possible to be with Holt. She'd be at risk more then anything when it comes to the Alchemists. I didnt want the worst for her. I wanted the best.
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:28 am

Writing up a skippy skippy post right now!
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:33 am

XD okay
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ali9910<3 Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:44 am

Some how managed not to die during my chorus final and I think I actually did pretty good
Ali9910<3
Ali9910<3

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 am

A week passed and I hadn't heard anything from James. At first I thought that maybe he wasn't going out drinking, and then I realized that he probably was going out drinking and purposely not telling me, so after giving him a quick reminder that I still had a job to do, one that I didn't intend to fail, he allowed me to join him in the clubs. It was safer this time, the Alchemists sticking true to their promises, and we fell back into step again, me keeping an eye from afar, listening to make sure he didn't spill secrets. If anything had changed, it was the drive afterwards when I took James home. We still laughed and joked, but the sexual tension was tangible. Our gazes kept flickering to each other, James studying me with eyes that shone with adoration, and I myself was struggling to focus on the road when thoughts of the kiss still whirled around in my mind. It was as if we could feel every inch that was in between us, and each inch was agonizing.

That was why, on Week 2 Day 5, I sought counsel. I gathered my friends in the coffee shop once they had finished work and asked them for relationship advice. Needless to say that they were shocked, considering I had always claimed I was too busy for love, but they helped anyway. Or tried to. Of course, I didn't mention that James was a Vampire, I simply described that we were a part of rival families, like with the Montagues and Capulets. At first there were awws, and then I reminded them that Romeo and Juliet died because of their forbidden love. That shut them up quickly, and even when they tried to suggest something - 'Why don't you try to get your families to like each other?' Laura had asked at one point, to which I almost facepalmed - I shot it down, for various reason that I could only partially explain due to the compulsion in the tattoo.

'Well, if worst comes to worst, you guys could just keep it a secret.' Rachel pointed out. I scowled. "Rach, need I remind you again of Romeo and Juliet's fate due to their secret love?" I pointed out before stirring my untouched cup of coffee again. Despite trying to shoot it down, though, Jessica got on board. 'Hold on a sec, Romeo and Juliet were 14, and they weren't particularly bright. You're older and smarter than they are, you two wont die from doing something ridiculous like they did.' I couldn't stop myself from muttering, "We will if we get caught." Perhaps it was a little overdramatic, but to been brainwashed and reduced to nothing but a mindless servant to the Alchemist cause? That seemed worse than dying to me. 'And we're saying that you're the most careful person we've ever met,' That was Laura, and I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not. 'There's no way in Hell or Hogwarts that you of all people are going to get caught sneaking around with a guy.' And was that supposed to be a compliment, too? I couldn't exactly tell from her choice of language, but from her face I could tell that she meant it in the best way. I sighed, sinking further into the chair and taking a sip from the lukewarm coffee. "I don't know, guys, I'll think about it."

I didn't think about it. Not for a while, anyway. For a little while longer I just spent time with James in a casual way, secretly assessing the situation and trying to figure out how to fix my mess of a life. The events of the Strigoi attack and, well, other events, must've lessened my fear of touching the Moroi, because I found myself playfully shoving James when he made jokes and teased me. Heck, I revelled in the touch, however innocent it might've been. It was stupid, and I knew I shouldn't have been feeling the way I did, but I couldn't seem to stop it. If I couldn't stop it, was it really worth trying to fight it so badly? Could I even really win against an unstoppable force?

That question plagued my mind until Week 3 Day 4. I had planned to go to the coffee shop that morning, but it was too cold, so cold that I almost decided on walking around the apartment wrapped in my bed covers all day. I didn't, in the end, opting to surrender to the central heating and just wear jeans and a warm sweater instead of heavy layers or clothing and blankets. It took a while for me to wake up fully, but once I did, I decided on what I could do without leaving my apartment and text James. 'You still haven't shown me those paintings. Wanna bring them over to my place?' Once it was sent, I flopped onto the couch and flicked on the tv, wanting some background noise as I waited for some sort of reply.
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 am

Well done Ali! Very Happy
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ali9910<3 Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:47 am

Thank you ^_^ and the final is always super fun so im excited for that
Ali9910<3
Ali9910<3

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:50 am

Cool! Very Happy
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:12 am

A week since my heartbreak began, I hadnt really been clubbing..Okay I lied, maybe once or twice. But I just couldnt face her. I really couldnt, the pain would be too great to even do so. I got a text from her and I groaned, allowing her to go with me because I couldnt just make her not do her job. Dispite how painful it'll be just to be by her. I still got the feelings that screamed for her but I surpressed them. Making sure that they didnt actually come from my mouth. I had really screwed things up and made things awkward for the both of us. Putting this all aside, I hid what I felt, acting as if it was no problem at all for me. Masking it with a smile that was so easy to convince. Doing this made the car rides more fun, dispite how empty I felt.

Another week had passed and I hadnt gone out clubbing, which was a surprise. I just wasnt feeling as much as a party animal. Plus, I couldnt always go to clubs. I'd only keep Holt awake and she needs sleep for her days to be awake. I couldnt do that. Couldnt ruin her life and make it so she was a night person. Mess up her sleeping patterns..I cant do that. I'd only make it a living hell to her and she obviously wouldnt like it.

More time had passed since then. By now, I was laying in my bed, my eyes closed and relaxing myself. I felt dirty and decided to get up and take a shower. Getting off the bed, I made my way to the bathroom and got in the shower, washing whatever filth I had on me before getting out. A towl wrapped around my torso as I walked into my room and grabbed some clothes. My phone went off, causing me to look over. Was it her texting me? I dont know but when I went and grabbed it, looking in the phone and at the text, it was her. She wanted to see the paintings I had..I had totally forgotten about it. At least she didnt say to mail them to her or something. I texted back 'Sure' before I got dressed and dried my hair, letting it have its messy style as it always did.

I grabbed 3 paintings. One was of a rose, one was of two butterflies flying around eachother even if it was still life, and the last one held two person figures sitting under a tree in a grassy field. This was in one of my dreams (Not spirit dream. if it wasnt a spirit dream then I just change it to a normal dream). The one that I enjoyed being with Holt. So relaxed and nothing to worry much about. But, I hoped that she wouldnt notice who the two people were.

I was sitting in the Taxi, watching as he slowed to in front of the building where Holt stayed at "..Here we go.." I payed the driver and got out with my paintings, walking into the building and up to Holts room, where I knocked and waited for her to open the door for me. My heart began to beat more then it should but..I was happy. Even though she had turned me down. I took a deep breath and hoped for the best.

Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:38 am

I almost fell asleep again, but a knock on the door woke me up. I rose to my feet and sped over to the door, only remember to remain calm about halfway there. Once at the door, I opened it. James not ceased to look handsome and it both surprised me and irritated me. I had to put lots of hard work into making myself look at least presentable, and all he had to do was flash one of those dazzling smiles of his and several women swooned. I found myself gazing admirably at him despite everything within me that said not to, a smile curving the corner of my lips skyward. "Hey there, stranger." It was only a half joke because, in all honesty, I hadn't seem James much this week. I was pretty sure that this time he just hadn't been going out clubbing, but it still made me feel a little lonely. Maybe it was time to buy a cat. Then again, I had not time to care for a cat. Anyway, I digress.

Stepping out of the way for James, I allowed him inside, then closed the door behind him. I practically skipped over to the couch in excitement at finally getting to paintings, sitting down and patting the couch beside me. "Come and take a seat! I'm ready to see your masterpieces, James The Artist." For a moment I was taken back in time to when James had threatened to call me 'Maria The Businesswoman' and that just caused me to smile a little more. The businesswoman and the artist? That was a strange combination, but in a way it was kind of funny to think that polar opposites could actually be... Well, I guess we were friends. We weren't supposed to be friends and I could get into a lot of trouble for it, but it just sort of happened. Once again I was reminded of the 'Unstoppable force' thing. Was it worth fighting it if it seemed as if I wouldn't be able to win? Was I just meant to surrender to it? And even if I did surrender, what would happen then?
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:45 am

The door opened to reveal Holt, she seemed presentable for someone like me to come here and show her my paintings. It kinda caught me off guard. Though, she seemed to have smiled and this caused me to smile gently right back at her "This stranger isnt a stranger when he knows where you live." I chuckled softly and slipped inside when she had let me inside. She was acting a bit cheery today. I noticed that cause she seemed eager with excitement. It was a little out of character for her but I didnt mind one bit. I actually found it cute!

I rolled my eyes when she called me 'James The Artist' didnt have much of a ring to it but she did have the threat of 'Holt the business woman'. Thinking about this made me grin and sit next to her, putting the paintings down on the coffee table, letting her look at them "So, Holt the Business woman, what do you think of these pieces?" I leaned back against the couch, waiting to see what she would say. Looks like we were gonna get back to teasing really quickly at this rate.
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 am

Gosh, so many similarities between Adrian and Abby! He literally just said something that sounded like it came right out of Abby's brain! Their outer personalities are different but on the inside... Geez, how did I not realize it before?

I had been all smiles and excitement at the thought of seeing the paintings, but now there was just pure awe on my face. "Woah..." I commented breathlessly, reaching out to trace the edge of a rose petal on the first piece, though not quite touching the canvas lest I broke it. The rose looked so lifelike, so detailed, that it made me speechless. The way that the light shone off of the petals was mesmerizing, you could almost see the soft texture of them, even if it was merely paint.

The second picture, the butterflies, took my breath away in a completely different way. Sure, it still looked real, but the amount of detail that went into those wings... Selecting the perfect colors, meticulously blending them together in an intricate pattern on the wings, copying the exact design stroke by stroke on the matching wings of the butterflies... It was all so beautiful, something I could never even think to accomplish to as high a standard as this. "These are amazing, James. Really! These must've taken hours to paint, maybe even days!"

When I dragged my eyes away from the butterflies' wings and focused on the third picture, my jaw dropped. It was your standard 'Hanging out under the trees' kind of picture, but instead of the bold and bright brushstrokes of the butterfly painting,  James had gone for a softer approach, blending the colors so that one morphed into the other, with very few lines being noticeable. It made the scene look even more peaceful and romantic, with the sun shining down upon the two figures under the tree, a male and a female. Because of the small portrait, it was hard to put too much detail into the faces, but I could see how much attention to detail James had put into making sure the sunlight reflected perfectly off of their hair, particularly the woman's long, brown locks. I could barely just make of the pinpricks of freckles on her face - a part of me wondered if James had cheated and use a fine-tip pen to create those - and then on the left side of her cheek, I could see gold glimmering in the- wait, gold? I studied it harder. A golden lily. This woman was an Alchemist, or, more specifically, "Hold on. Is this... Is this me?" Tearing my eyes from the woman, I focused on the male more, picking up the details in his stylishly dishevelled hair, and the hints of green in his hazel eyes. "And this looks just like you! Did you draw us?" I looked up at James with a questioning look in my eyes. A part of me hoped he hadn't painted us, but an ever-growing part of me kind of wished that he did.
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:33 am

I was glad that she actually liked my paintings. She was in Awe, the expressions on her face and the way she gently touched the paintings. I actually felt a lot more prouder of my work. I managed to impress the Alchemist Holt and make her pretty much speechless. Who knew a moment like this could be so special in a way? This moment was to be treasured. I watched Holt, not even looking at my paintings. Studying her features, her gorgous brown hair, her facial expressions...It was always something about her that always drew me closer.

Holt asked me a question and my ears turned red a little. She actually found out that the two people was both me and her. Slowly, I nodded "I did..This popped into my mind one day and I decided to paint it.." I wanted to show her, but I couldnt tell her it was a magical thing. "I...I can show you were I saw it. Unless you prefer not to. I wouldnt mind." inside, I was desprate to show her. Show her what I pictured, what we did under that tree. Laughing, joking around, just talking. It was nice and I wanted to share it with her. But if she said no..I couldnt share it.

Everytime you say adrian, I think i'm rping adrian when i'm rping james XD
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampi Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:00 am

What was wolfie doing up at 3:14 AM? o.O
Scampi
Scampi

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampi Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:01 am

Ughhh the time's messed up again >.<
Scampi
Scampi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:01 am

I'm kinda glad you aren't rping Adrian Adrian, because he only belongs with Sydney. And me X3

But in all seriousness, since James is based off of Adrian, I'm pretty sure he shares quite a few traits with Abby, too :3

So it was a painting of us, in a romantic setting under a tree on a sunny day. My stomach did flips, my gaze returning to the picture to study it once again. My expression switched from awe to adoration as I took in how happy the two painting versions of us looked underneath that tree. James asked if I wanted to see what he had imagined, and at first I was confused and then I realized what he was suggesting. A shudder ran throughout my body and I shook my head vigorously. "No, don't ruin this moment with magic." I warned, know that I'd only freak out if he used some sort of magic on me.

As I stared down at the picture, so many thoughts ran through my mind - as usual - however, this time it was different. [I]'Is it really worth fighting an unstoppable force?' 'Is it really worth disregarding this feeling when it fills me with such joy?' 'The girls were right, I'm far too careful to leave behind clues, I could hide a secret romance easily' 'Could I really have it all? Be an Alchemists and have a relationship with a Moroi?' 'Can I really throw away everything I know for James?' 'How can I say no to someone so wonderfully sweet?' The majority of my thoughts were positives, encouraging me to pursue a relationship with James. The rest of the thoughts were just nervous fears.

Nervous fears that I pushed down as I grabbed James' collar and pulled him into a kiss. I was really in trouble now, going against the biggest rule in the Alchemist rule book, but I really couldn't fight an unstoppable force and, to be honest, I didn't particularly want to, not when being with James felt so perfect. I was still an Alchemist at heart - I still believed that the world of Vampires should be hidden from humans, otherwise they'd be lured into becoming a Strigoi's minion, tempted by the idea of immortality - but I felt different about the way we should treat Moroi and instead of hiding that difference, I was now beginning to embrace it.

((I was struggling to word that >.<))

And I believe it was 2:14am... I think... I struggled to sleep because of my exam today :S
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next