House of Immortality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The House Of Immortality

+3
Britt-21
Wolfsoul
Scampi
7 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The House Of Immortality - Page 8 Empty Re: The House Of Immortality

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:34 am

O.o okay about NO XD
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:41 am

It's actually quite fascinating from a Feminist perspective. There's arguments among feminists as to whether it's men taking advantage of the women, or the women taking advantage of the men.
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Location : In Arendelle, chilling with Princess Anna and Queen Elsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:45 am

I would say both tbh
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:50 am

I still think that it's mostly men taking advantage of the women, but it has made me stop and think about it a little. I'm not sure how much into Feminism I have to go in this exam. There are several different kinds of Feminism but if I'm only allowed to talk about one I'll probably go for Radical Feminism and their 'Men are taking advantage of women' views. Because all men are evil, Britt, and we must stand up against them XD
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:51 am

XD they're perverts too!
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:01 am

I disagree with that or, rather, I think women can be just as perverted as men, for example, my parents. *Rolls eyes.* I seriously feel like I'm the product of two perverts at times.

Anyway, I digress. The thing that gets me most is that in the UK (I'm not sure about the USA), the prostitute can get into a lot of trouble, but the people who go to the prostitutes get away with it. And considering that the majority of prostitutes are women, I do see that as sort of letting the men get away with it, which is totally unfair. Surely those who seek prostitutes should be punished the same amount.
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:05 am

I'm pretty sure they get in trouble here too

But I can see what you mean. Its like people wana arrest those who are the prostitutes and let the men go. Kinda sexist if you ask me
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:11 am

Indeed. And that's the way Feminist see things, basically. Everything is in favour of men and not in the favour of women. Men have control over everything. *Nods.*

... I'm just giving you a Sociology lesson now, aren't I? XD
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:24 am

I might take a break now. I'm actually kinda hungry.
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:34 am

I like listening to ya XD

and go eat!
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:58 am

You like listening to my intellectual mind at work ^_^
And I did eat. I ate a muffin in, like, 2 minutes, maybe even less. For such a small person, I have a big mouth XD

Holt the Business Woman loved those detective shows because, in another life, she would've been Holt the Detective. Not that I didn't love being an Alchemist - well, some aspects of it - but I would've much preferred becoming a detective. You could used knowledge and logic to become an Alchemist, but I still felt like a vast majority of that knowledge and logic was going to waste! Apart of me just felt like I wanted to be more in the midst of it all, solving the mysteries and such, rather than playing a background character. Apart of me really wished I was Sherlock. "He's a bit of an eccentric," I explained to James as I changed position and leaned into him. "But there's no denying that he has an amazing mind."

James seemed to change the subject off of Sherlock, then. I couldn't help but stare down at the rim of my glass, biting my lip a little as he pointed out how calm I was about this relationship. "I just... Want some semblance of a normal life, you know? Having a partner is a part of that. And sure, you're a Moroi, but you just seem so... Human. If it wasn't for the blood-drinking and the magic, you'd seem as human as anyone else, and I guess that's why I feel so comfortable about this... For now. For all I know, this might just be the honeymoon period and tomorrow I'll go back to panicking again." This was only the first day, afterall, and wasn't the first day supposed to be all love-struck and giddy? Those words were something I never thought would be applied to me, that's for sure, and that thought instantly made me want to do something that required more deep and calculating thought to snap me out of it. "Hey James, have you ever played chess before?"

((I don't know what I'm doing anymore, I just didn't want them sitting around on the couch all day just talking.))
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampi Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:03 am

I'm not asking you anymore, I'm telling you. Tidy your room. What's the point? It'll be messy again by Saturday night! The point is that you have friends ccoming and its a mess -_- So is my life but they don't seem to care about that!
Scampi
Scampi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:12 am

Jack really has gone into daddy mode nowadays O.o What're you gonna do, Jack? Ground her? Razz
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampi Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:21 am

No, of course not, but someone needs to get her to tidy it!
Scampi
Scampi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:23 am

Oh yeah? And what about your own daughter's room? Are you gonna make her tidy that?
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WBqHdI5Bdw
This is so f***ing perfect and beautiful!!! X3
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wNnbMCrtZg
And since Scampi likes LOTR ^_^
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:42 am

James nodded "I see where you would get that..But dont worry about tomorrow. We're both in this together and we have eachothers backs. Theres nothing to panic about." he cupped her cheek softly, kissing her forehead softly "I'll always protect you no matter what. Those Alchemists wont take you from me without a fight." then the Chess question came up "I did but I still never understood the concept of it. I always lost no matter who it was. From a prodigy to one who just started chess. I always thought it was like a fancy way of doing checkers."
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:02 am

((There's everything to panic about!))
I found it strange how James was willing to take on the Alchemists just to save me. The romantic side of me said that it was a sweet sentiment, but the more analytical side of me knew that the probability of him being able to protect me was low. Sure, he had magic, but the Alchemists were cunning and had tricks up their sleeves, not to mention that there were hundreds of them and only one of him. Even if he did try to stand up against them in order to protect me, they'd probably just shoot him down right away, and that was something I couldn't let happen. It would be best to think of tactics to avoid confrontation than to discuss the option of fi-

Wait, did he just call chess the fancy version of checkers? My jaw dropped involuntarily, pure shock showing on my face. He was kidding, right? This was another one of his crazy jokes? But the expression on James' face told me the truth. I started shaking my head vigorously. "No no no, it's entirely different." I explained setting the glass of pineapple juice on the coffee table, making sure it was far away from the paintings, then hopped up, grabbing my chess set from under my bed. Once I returned, I started setting it up in between James and I on the couch, trying to explain the differences as I did so. "The aim of checkers is to steal all of your opponents' pieces, right? But in chess, while stealing the pieces are important, that's not the main goal. The main goal is to leave King defenceless, and you don't necessarily have to remove all of the other pieces in order to do that. Chess also has various pieces who can move in various directions, using a various amount of steps and it doesn't matter whether it lands on white or black squares, whereas in checkers, the pieces can only move in one direction - unless it's a King -, one space at a time unless it's taking another piece, and only on the black squares." Finishing setting up the board so that James had the black pieces and I had the white pieces, I added with a slight smirk. "Also, chess requires a whole lot more strategy but don't worry, I'll go easy on you."
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:12 am

James chuckled a little at her expression when he mentioned the chess and how it was like checkers. Or so he thought. Then she left to get something and came back with a board. He picked up a piece, looking at it as she set up the board "Okay. Leave the king defenceless? I know how to do it. but if I do i'd have to clean up." he grinned and chuckled. He was going to wipe all the pieces off the board and have only the king sitting there. But he didnt feel like cleaning the mess with the pieces all over. "So how would I move the pieces?" he put the one piece down and watched as she soon finished setting it up "Even if you go easy on me, i'll still lose." he looked at her "I will not do good in this game. Just know you have now been warned, Holt."
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:37 am

My brain is turning into mush. I don't want to revise anymore DX
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:41 am

I really can't do any more revision. I haven't even looked at evaluation. I have some time in the morning but apart from that I'll just have to wing it and hope for the best Sad
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfsoul Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:03 am

*Walks into the living room carrying Luna.* How do you get it off? *Is clinging onto Abby with Smarty tucked under one arm.* Awww :3 I don't think you should get her off, you two look adorable like that X3 Mhmm -_- *Looks down at Luna.* You know I'm not your mom, right? You look like her, though. That's because she stole my hair color -_- *Sighs.* Alright, you can keep clinging. At least you're the not-so-annoying one -_-

"I'm sure you'll do fine, James." And actually, he did do fine. Because I purposefully threw the game a little for him. It was actually kinda painful to see some of the idiotic moves he made, and I pitied him, so I made lots of idiotic moves as well so that he had a chance of winning. Eventually, however, I got bored and got him into checkmate, ending the game. James didn't seem too put off by it but I still gave him a kiss just for taking part. Or maybe a couple of kisses.

We played a couple more games afterwards in which I taught James a few tricks, hoping to increase his skill so he'd at least make a worth opponent for someone, and then after those games we just relaxed. James had shifted to sit sideways on the couch and I was sat in between is legs, leaning back into him as I traced the indents and lines on the palm of his hand. After a while, I glanced up at the clock and sighed. "If you're not going out tonight, I should probably get ready to do my other duties." I needed to get changed into my Alchemist clothing, then I had to make sure I had the right compounds in my handbag, including the gun and pepper spray Arkand had supplied me with after the Strigoi incident. Tilting my head back to look up at James, though it was hard to do so, I added, "And you need to feed, right? When was the last time you had blood?" I didn't particularly like talking about drinking blood - I understood it was the Moroi's way of life, but I still didn't like the idea of it - but I guess it was one of those things I would have to get used to, since James couldn't live without it.
Wolfsoul
Wolfsoul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:20 am

James rolled his eyes with a smile, starting the game with her and playing. He was obviously making stupid moves because he had no idea what he was doing. Only having a few hints from Holt. Telling him where he could move a piece. But the game soon ended with him winning "..You let me win." he chuckled and kissed her, only to have a few more followed after. He guessed that maybe a kiss was his prize for actually playing with her and 'winning'. Even though he knew that she let him win the game.

There was a few more games after the one he had 'won' and he was starting to get the hang of it without the help of Holt. But he did have hints from her here and there. Sitting on the couch, he was leaning on the arm rest, sitting up and letting Holt sit between his legs, her back to his chest. His hand being traced by her "What duties is that?" he asked, kissing her cheek softly before she added about him having some dinner "About..almost a week ago. I was planning on going today so I was good for another few days."
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:27 am

I fixed a typo I noticed
Britt-21
Britt-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content